Sunday 18 September 2011

I've decided to write a blog. I'm hoping the blog goes something like this:


SOME WORDS

SOME PICTURES

SOME MORE WORDS

I BECOME RICH!


But if that doesn't happen after the first couple of posts I'll probably give up.

I don't like the word "blog". Don't call it that. Come up with your own word, as long as it's not "blog". Or "pizza", because that would be confusing. This... thingy is intended to document some of my experiences living in Montreal for four months on a work term. I'm working for the government, doing, um - I won't talk much about my job. Mostly I'll talk about things that happen before and after work, hence the title of this... thingy.

Here's some photos of stuff so you don't get bored:


A big church




A field





Avenue Du Parc, outside my apartment, during a thunderstorm




Me at work


The sunrise from the top of Mont Royal at 6:00am, which I dragged myself out of bed and rode my bike all the way up for and then after rode down and went to work and fell asleep at my desk






The best bakery in the western hemisphere, unfortunately near my apartment




Bored yet? Okay, here's a link to the best song in the universe.

If you were thinking, "that's great, but what I really want is to watch a video about kinetic sculpture", then you're really in luck. Here.

There's a lot to like about Montreal. There's a lot to like about Vancouver, which is where I usually say I'm from, and so maybe for the next post some kind of comparison is in order, with charts and categories, like the Olympics.
I'll get to work on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment